Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Mountaintop Vista Unveils Life as a Tranquil Dream


"When one climbs a high pinnacle on the vast cathedrals of this world, one seems to mingle with the universe, and the subtle and changing panoramas of all time; all the glad hopes and dreams you may have had before are yours again, and all life is a tranquil dream."

Enos Mills, founder, Rocky Mountain National Park

Photo: Looking into Rocky Mountain National Park from the Greyrock Trail, Roosevelt National Forest, CO, November 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment