Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Existence is an echo with no original, appearing out of emptiness!


                                                  A mountain keeps an echo deep inside itself.
                                                  That's how I hold Your voice . . .

                                                  I saw you and became empty.
                                                  This emptiness, more beautiful than existence,
                                                  it obliterates existence, and yet when it comes,
                                                  existence thrives and creates more existence!

                                                  Jelaluddin Rumi, 13th century

Photo: Sunrise on the peaks, from Silver Creek Basin, CO; Maroon Bells - Snowmass Wilderness, August 16, 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment