Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Ideas Expand into a Distant and Dazzling Infinity


"There is a pleasure in the thought that the particular tone of my mind at this moment may be new in the universe; that the emotions of this hour may be peculiar and unexampled in the whole eternity of moral being.  I a lead a new life.  I occupy new ground in the worlds of spirits, untenanted before.  I commence a career of thought and action which is expanding before me into a distant and dazzling infinity.  Strange thoughts start up like angels in my way and beckon me onward.  I doubt not that I tread on the highway that leads to the Divinity."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Photo: Sunrise in the Snowy Range (WY) with meadows of Western Yellow Paintbrush and Elephanthead, August 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment