Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wringing Out the Light

                                                                  
                                                                 Wring Out My Clothes

                                                                 Such love does
                                                                 the sky now pour,
                                                                 that whenever I stand in a field,
                                   
                                                                 I have to wring out the light
                                                                 when I get
                                                                 home.

                                                                 St. Francis of Assisi

                                   Photo: Sunrise outside my house, Fort Collins, CO, January 3, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment