Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Divine Praise Burns Up All Dogmas in Love


"God's Voice says: 'I have given each being a separate and unique way of seeing and knowing and saying  spiritual knowledge.  What seems wrong to you is right for him.  What is poison to one is honey to someone else . . . Ways of worshipping are not to be ranked as better or worse than one another.  Hindus do Hindu things.  The Dravidian Muslims in India do what they do.  It's all praise, and it's all right . . . I don't hear the words they say.  I look inside at the humility . . . Forget the phraseology.  I want burning, burning!  Be friends with your burning.  Burn up your thinking and your forms of expression! . . . Lovers burn . . . The Love-Religion has no code or doctrine.  Only GOD.'"

Jelaluddin Rumi, 13th century Turkey

Photo:  A forest fire burns on the east side of Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment