Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eucharistic Air


                                                         It was like a church to me.
                                                         I entered it on soft foot, . . .
                                                         It was quiet.
                                                         What God was there made himself felt,
                                                         Not listened to, in clean colours
                                                         That brought a moistening of the eye . . .
                                                         I walked on,
                                                         Simple and poor, while the air crumbled
                                                         And broke on me generously as bread.

                                                         R.S. Thomas

                                   Photo: Sunrise from my front yard, Fort Collins, CO, January 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment