Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Because the spiritual journey is endless, we are ALL about at the same place!


I love the term "spiritual journey." To me, it implies that the spiritual life is endless, and that no goal - neither "enlightenment," nor "transformation," nor "salvation," nor "union," etc. - is ever fully reached. Sometimes I'm tempted to compare myself to another person on the journey, acting as though I've traveled a mile, while they've only gone an inch. However, when I remember the infinite nature of the path ahead, I realize that both of us are actually just about THE SAME in our spiritual development! I love the way true spirituality always fosters this kind of humility, an attitude that is so necessary in a world where each of us has a tendency to think WE alone are right!

Photo: Wind-created lines in the snow; Lumpy Ridge, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; January 7, 2014


If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment