Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I love Colorado's dynamic weather!


One of the things I love about living in Colorado is the fact that our weather is so dynamic. Two days ago, the temperature rose to 62 degrees. When I hiked up to my wintertime meditation spot on a sunny granite ledge high in the foothills, the thermometer on my backback registered 80 degrees! Last night, it snowed two inches, and the temperature is currently at 12 degrees. When I got up this morning, I took this beautiful shot fifty feet from my front door. A half hour later, the foothills were completely obscured in fog. Tomorrow, it's supposed to get into the 50s!

Photo: Canada Geese and the misty foothills, taken from just across the street from my house; Larimer County, CO; January 23, 2014

Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes are always appreciated.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment