Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The arrival of an insight enables our lives to shimmer with radiant meaning.


To me, the most exciting experience I can have is the arrival of an insight that puts all of life in a fresh perspective. The hallmarks of an arriving insight are a sense of "aha!", joy, unity, awe and wonder. Insight is a personal presence who visits us, as the Greeks understood in talking about the "Muse" as a feminine being, and as Christian mystics realize when they call her "Sophia Wisdom." Without her, life would be colorless; WITH her, it shimmers with radiant meaning. As the prophet so aptly puts it: "Without a vision, the people perish."

Photo: The sun peeks behind a ridge above Two Rivers Lake, with Notchtop Mountain jutting up on the right; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; January 20, 2014

Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes are always appreciated.  Thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment