Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Things in Nature seem to be simply intense condensations of Silence.


"When the silence in nature is so dense that the things in nature seem to be only more intense condensations of the silence, then it seems as though man, too, ceases to possess the word, and the word is only a chink in the silence."

Max Picard,
"The World of Silence"


Photo: Notchtop Mountain and wind-carved waves of snow; Two Rivers Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; January 20, 2014

Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes are always appreciated.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment