Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Our thoughts and emotions are floating on a vast lake and atmosphere of Divine awareness, love and bliss!



Yesterday's hike up to Gem Lake was sunny, warm, and spirited. I love the Spring! When I photographed a Limber Pine cone resting on the barely frozen lake surface, the cone looked like it was floating!




"Floating" seemed to be the lesson of the day, as a Green Hairstreak flitted suddenly onto the Easter Daisies I was photographing, and a fly kept returning to a Pasqueflower. This week, may all of us realize that our thoughts and emotions are - at their core - actually light and transparent! Our temptation is to think that they are solid, weighty, and often oppressive. In reality, however, our thoughts, emotions, plans, worries and joys are all floating on the vast lake or atmosphere of divine awareness, love and bliss :)




Photos: A Limber Pine Cone rests on thin ice on Gem Lake; a Green Hairstreak butterfly alights on a clump of Easter Daisies, and a fly visits a newly-opened Pasqueflower; Gem Lake Trail, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, March 21, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment