Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, March 16, 2015

The wonder of sunny, everyday beauty.


"THIS seems the one well-defined marvel of my life of the kind called supernatural; for, absorbed in glad Nature, spirit-rappings, second sight, ghost stories, etc., have never interested me since boyhood, seeming comparatively useless and infinitely less wonderful than Nature's open, harmonious, songful, sunny, everyday beauty."

The Contemplative John Muir




Yesterday it was 79 degrees F, an unusual occurrence at 5,000 feet here in Colorado for mid-March. The temperature in nearby Estes Park - 2,500 feet higher - was 82 degrees! Was that a fluke? Or the result of an overall trend toward global warming? In any case, I was happy to experience that "summer feeling," have the opportunity to open all of the windows in our house, and to begin dreaming about camping season.




Photos: Spring-beauty blooms, an unfurling Pasqueflower, and Ladybugs, Lory State Park, CO, March 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment