Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

To reveal the splendor of your essence, you need to burn in the fire of love!


"To reveal the splendor of your essence, you need to burn in the fire of love!"

Jelaluddin Rumi




Today I hiked up into a burn that occurred two years ago. There, I found Spring-beauty flowers sprouting up next to charred Ponderosa Pine bark, and a ladybug meticulously exploring several of the blooms. Nearby, much to my amazement, I discovered a clump of Pasqueflowers sending out its first fuzzy shoots. Just yesterday, they hadn't yet popped through!



Photos: Spring-beauties, a ladybug and Pasqueflower shoots, Lory State Park, CO, March 11, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment