Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rather than disappear, ego becomes gradually translucent to our Divine Core.


After 56 years of working on my own craziness, I've finally realized that my "ego" - with all of its constricting and narcissistic tendencies - NEVER disappears, despite all of my wishes to the contrary. What DOES happen, however, is that the ego starts to become TRANSLUCENT to the Divine Presence dwelling at the core of our being. In my own case, ego often manifests itself in a tendency to focus on my own flaws. This fixation then prevents me from being fully present to the ways in which I am needed to help mediate Divine Love to those around me who are in need. However, ego can also become a useful tool, for the suffering it makes us feel then acts as a sort of "slingshot" that propels us THROUGH its own constriction, narrowness and solidity, enabling us to become ever more translucent to the Creator present within!

Photo: A translucent piece of ice reveals its inner beauty; Two Rivers Lake, with Notchtop Mountain in the background; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, March 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment