Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Alpine Forget-Me-Nots Encourage Us to Remain United to the Ground of Being


Alpine Forget-Me-Not thrives in the harsh climate above treeline by hugging the ground, where the temperature can be up to 20 degrees warmer than the surrounding air.  This cushion plant also contains a multitude of hairs that trap heat and form a protective layer against the desiccating winds. The lesson for me is that I need to stay united to the Ground of Being present within the Silence residing at my core if I want to survive the onslaughts of our corporate-industrial society's madness and impersonal ways.






Photos: Alpine Forget-Me-Not; near Trail Ridge Road, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; June 15, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment