Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

In Solitude, I Am Least Alone


When I'm with people, I often experience loneliness. For there, I feel unable to meet up to people's expectations. However, when I am in solitude, especially when immersed within a natural setting, I don't feel lonely at all. For there I realize my union with both the masculine Great Beyond and with the feminine Earth - the Web of Life. In solitude, I understand my place in the universe, and this realization makes me feel profoundly fulfilled and at peace.

Photo: Western Wallflower and the Pawnee Buttes; Weld County, CO; June 16, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment