Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

I am full of red rock love


"I am breathing in the red rocks
they are teaching me how to live
slowly . . .

These red rocks fill my belly with love
I am full of red rock love
I am full of the silence that tells everything.

Impenetrable red rock mountains
soften
dissolve
become liquid
take over my body
and run through my veins
strengthening my desire
to be one
with you."

Rose Leiter,
"The Red Rocks are Singing to the Blue Sky"


Photo: Michael Reading giving and receiving a blessing from the red cliffs of Professor Creek Canyon, near Moab, UT; May 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment