Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

God is the Horizon of Being


Today I drove out to Pawnee Buttes and hiked the trail. The spacious quality of the landscape encouraged me to look perpetually beyond - toward the horizon. It is for good reason that German theologian Karl Rahner often referred to God as the "Horizon of Being." May we ever travel the endless spiritual journey both now and for eternity!

Photo: Shrubby Evening-Primrose and one of the Pawnee Buttes jutting up in the distance; Pawnee National Grassland, CO; June 16, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment