Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, June 6, 2014

The Wildflowers are Beginning to Bloom in the High Country!

This week, I came across some beautiful wildflowers blooming in our high mountains.  Spring is late this year in the high country, but this week's elevated temperatures are really making the blooms start to pop!  Up in the Snowy Range, I found Pasqueflowers . . .


and Alpine Forget-Me-Nots . . .


Meanwhile, Calypso Orchids were putting on a show a bit lower in Wild Basin in Rocky Mountain National Park . . .

 
These photos were taken in Wyoming and Colorado on June 2-5, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment