Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

What an abundance of Spring wildflowers!


I've never come across so many flowers in the meadows of Moraine Park as I've seen this June! I would attribute this in part to the torrential rains we received last September, and to this winter's abundant snowfall. However, this is also one of the areas that burned in the Fern Lake Fire several years ago, so the shot of nutrients produced by that fire is surely another factor. In any case, the area is incredibly beautiful!

Photo: Wild Iris and Golden Banner; Moraine Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; June 11, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment