Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Beauty never stops stalking us!



Some days, I think I'm going to get a break from having beauty pursue me, but it almost never happens! Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning my office while it was snowing outside. When I went for a short walk late in the afternoon at Watson Lake, the sun began peering through the clouds, making for a stunning setting! A Cottonwood leaf stuck in the snow by the lake simply added to the beauty.




Then, this morning, the pink of the alpenglow on the foothills was especially intense.



I'm convinced that a major aspect of our purpose here on Earth is to serve as the vehicle through which the Divine - present in both its transcendent and immanent forms, as "Mother Earth" and "Father Sky," comes to know and celebrate its immense beauty and goodness. This day, may we all be receptive to the beauty that is continually stalking us, hoping we can offer her one more glimpse of her amazing grandeur and glory!

Photos: (Top) Canada Geese on Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, January 3, 2015; (Middle) A Cottonwood leaf rests on the shore of Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, January 3, 2015; (Bottom) An alpenglow sunrise near my doorstep, Larimer County, CO, January 4, 2015;

No comments:

Post a Comment