Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy.



"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy."

John Denver 

Today was quite amazing! I hiked up to several subalpine lakes at elevation 10,500 feet, and the temperature was a very comfortable 56 degrees. Not only that, but there were no clouds and absolutely NO wind, which is quite unusual for this time of year. Because of the mild weather, I was able to lie down on the frozen lakes for quite a long time, photographing the magic of ice patterns. As always, I felt the sunshine melting the boundaries of my individual self, allowing my identity to melt out into the spaciousness of the landscape, where both The Great Mystery and Mother Earth are forever lost in love.




Photos: (Top) Ice patterns on Brainard Lake, with Mt. Audubon in the background; (Middle) Red Rock Lake; (Bottom)  Sunset, with a Subalpine Fir jutting up into the sky. All three photos were taken in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, near Boulder, CO, January 26, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment