Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Every person is like a different kind of weather.



 
The rate of change in weather patterns we've had this week has been dizzying! Monday in the mountains was clear and insanely windy. On Tuesday, the wind died down, the temperature warmed, and we had a muddy thaw. On Wednesday, the fog moved in, resulting in the spectacular rime-covered tree landscapes you've been seeing in these photos. On Thursday, clear weather moved back in, and it warmed up again. Today, the clouds are back, and I'm about to head up into light snow in the mountains.
 
 


Last night, as I sat in a coffee shop doing some reading and journaling, I marveled at how amazing life is in providing us with such a variety of kinds of people with whom to relate. Each is like a completely different type of weather - fresh, beautiful, and with a unique set of life experiences. I really love getting to know the various baristas, dishwashers, owners and customers at the shop. Wouldn't life be drab and monotonous if we all had the same race, gender, sexual orientation, personality type, profession or religion, or had a similar set of life-experiences? It would be like having sunny - or cloudy, or rainy - weather EVERY SINGLE DAY of our lives! How boring would THAT be!
 
 


Photos: (Top)
Sunset over the foothills, just outside my front door, Larimer County, January 6, 2015; (Second and Fourth) Rime-covered trees, Lory State Park, CO, January 7, 2015; (Third) Reflections on Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, January 8, 2015.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment