Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

In solitude, we identify with a Larger Whole.


In solitude - especially in Nature - we allow our identity to expand and dissolve into a Larger Whole.  This expansion then enables us to take more lightly the various hurts inflicted on us by society.  What does it matter what others think of us when we have become identified  with the Cosmos?

Photo: A lone, ice-frosted Juniper tree sets atop a ledge on a foggy day, Lory State Park, CO, January 13, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment