Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Springtime Blossoms of Winter!


"I gazed from side to side, thrilled almost to pain with the glorious feast of snowy diamond loveliness . . . It is all one finished unit of divine beauty, weighed in the celestial balances and found perfect."

The Contemplative John Muir




I was amazed last week to see how much the crystallized fog decorating the Cottonwood trees reminded me of springtime Wild Plum blossoms! It was as though we had a day of springtime flowering right in the midst of winter :)



 
Photos: (Top) Rime-covered Cottonwoods with red cliffs, Lory State Park, CO, January 13, 2015; (Middle) Frosted Willows and red cliffs west of Loveland, CO, January 13, 2015; (Bottom) Wild Plum blossoms in Spring, near Longmont, CO, April 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment