Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Meditation allows us to identify with the Ground of Being or Sky or Awareness.


I love visiting and revisiting my favorite places in a variety of different weather conditions and lightings. It is amazing how a single place can have so many different moods.



Often we bemoan the fact that our own moods or attitudes can seem so changeable from day to day or week to week. However, if we engage in a regular meditation practice, we gradually learn to identify ourselves with the Ground of Being or Sky of Awareness rather than with our momentary mood changes. This then allows us to sit back and watch the show of our shifting and colorful emotions rather than become upset by them.




Photos: Watson Lake, near Bellvue, CO, on January 14, January 8,  January 12, and November 19 of the 2014-2015 winter season.



No comments:

Post a Comment