Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

All things are divinized in morning light!


"All things are divinized in morning light."

The Contemplative John Muir

This morning I got up at 5 A.M., hiked half way up Medicine Bow Peak, and watched the sunrise. I parked myself and my camera next to a ruddy quartzite boulder, which flushed an even deeper red as the sun rose. At the same time, the craggy ridge leading up to the peak turned soft lavender, while the lakes below still basked in shadow. Because of the thick layer of forest fire haze lying to the east, it took a while for the sun to break through above the new horizon, but this resulted in a sunrise that was especially soft and subtle.

Photo: Sunrise on Medicine Bow Peak, Snowy Range, WY, August 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment