Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, August 17, 2015

I love the simplicity, purity, cleanness and spaciousnes of the desert . . .



I love the desert for many reasons, but chief among them is the sensation of simplicity, purity, cleanness and spaciousness that prevails there. In the desert, I feel an immense openness that enables me to get in touch with the spacious love present at the core of my being.




Photos: (Top) Blazing Star blooming in lava on a cinder cone; (Middle) Sunrise from the top of a cinder cone; (Bottom) Limber Pine growing in lava. All three photos were taken on the last stop of our two-week camping trip, at Craters of the Moon National Monument, ID, on August 2, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment