Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, August 3, 2015

John Muir Country!


I'm always happy to hike in the wilderness country named after my boyhood hero and adult mentor - John Muir! His passion, exuberance, balance of masculine and feminine qualities, intelligence and spirituality have influenced me mightily all throughout my life! A few days after this shot was taken, filmmaker Michael Conti took a bit of footage of me walking by the Merced River at Yosemite. Early in the afternoon, he did a very inspiring interview of Park Ranger Shelton Johnson, whom Michael called "a national treasure." Look for Michael's movie on Muir to come out sometime next year :)

Photo: Stephen hiking in the John Muir Wilderness, near Big Pine Lakes, CA, July 19, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment