Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, August 10, 2015

The constant roar of the ocean really is an aid in entering into the spacious mindset of Wilderness Insight Meditation.



Here's an entry from my journal at Patrick's Point State Park, on the Northern California seacoast:




"The constant roar of the ocean really is an aid in entering into the spacious mindset of Wilderness Insight Meditation. I find that it embodies exquisitely the vast roar of Silence out of which all phenomena emerge. The various waterbirds and the sounds of individual waves breaking are the multitudes of echo-thoughts - with no original "Sounds" ever present - that arise, magically, out of that vast Silence . . ."




Photos: (Top) Sunset at Palmer Point; (Second) Indian Paintbrush below Palmer Point; (Third) Starfish and Anemones in tide pools below Palmer Point. These three photos are from Patrick's Point State Park, CA. (Bottom) Trinidad State Beach, CA. All four photos were taken on July 25, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment