Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The first twinges of an autumnal mindset are occurring!



The autumn colors are beginning to appear in our Rocky Mountain tundra, especially above 10,500 feet. With this change (and with the cooler mornings) I find myself beginning to enter an autumnal state of mind. I experience Fall as a time of invigoration, new projects and fresh vision. I think it has something to do with an inner harvesting of the fruits of insight gained during the Spring and Summer months. In the Summer, I am hardly ever home - at least mentally, if not physically - for that is the time for moving outward in the spirit of adventure. But in the Autumn, something in me brings all of those insights home and allows them to energize the vibrant hues of fresh and exciting projects :)


What does the beginning of Autumn mean for YOU?




Photos: (Top and Bottom) Tundra colors in the Snowy Range, WY, August 22-23, 2015; (Middle) Wild Currant leaves and the sun setting at Notchtop Mountain, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, August 25, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment