Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

We can find our own attractiveness in the larger mirror of Nature!



If we want to feel attractive to others, the best thing to do is to spend time with those things in the natural world that WE find attractive. Forgetting ourselves, we then begin to find our own Larger Self in the mirror of Nature. Then, embodying that beauty and mirroring it to others, they too are enabled to find themselves in Nature's attractiveness!




Photos: (Top) Rosy Paintbrush and cascade; (Middle) Sunrise at my campsite on Saint Louis Lake; (Bottom) Subalpine Arnica meadows. All three photos were taken on the Saint Louis Lake Trail near Fraser, CO, August 9, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment