Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baptized in the beauty of God's mountains



"Heaven knows that John the Baptist was not more eager to get all his fellows sinners into the Jordan than I to baptize all mine in the beauty of God's mountains."

The Contemplative John Muir





 

Photos: (Top) Bellvue Dome and Watson Lake at sunset, Bellvue, CO, October 28, 2014; (Middle) Cottonwoods and foothills right across the street from my house, Larimer County, CO, October 26, 20014; (Bottom) Hallett Peak and Dream Lake's outlet stream, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 24, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment