Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The transition between Autumn and Winter serves as an entry into a more contemplative inner space.


I find the transition between Autumn and Spring both challenging and enriching.  It is difficult to let go of the outdoor exploration mindset that accompanies Summer and Fall, but with Winter, the capacity to move within one's innermost being becomes enhanced.


 


Even the fact that we have to "bundle up" - as I did on my hike yesterday - serves as an encouragement to allow our deepest self to be embraced by the Divine.  It is during this time that the experience of being "held" and "surrounded" by the dark and intimate presence of our Source during the practice of contemplative prayer comes to the fore.





Photos: (Top) Reflections of golden Cottonwoods on Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, October 23, 2014; (Middle and Bottom) A blustery day at Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 27, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment