Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Who has not felt the urge to throw some tea and bread in an old sack and jump over the back fence?



"Who has not felt the urge to throw some tea and bread in an old sack and jump over the back fence? . . .




"Who wouldn't be a mountaineer? Up here all the world's prizes seem nothing."

The Contemplative John Muir




Photos: (Top) Bellvue Dome and Watson Lake at sunset, Bellvue, CO, October 28, 2014; (Middle) Cottonwoods, farm trucks, and Greyrock, Bellvue, CO, October 28, 2014; (Bottom) Hallett Peak from Nymph Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 27, 2014. All three of these scenes are near my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment