Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Universe is the externalization of the soul



"The Universe is the externalization of the soul."

Ralph Waldo Emerson






(Top) Aspens and the peaks above Moraine Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 11, 2014; (Second) Sunrise on Lost Lake, near Paonia, CO, September 27, 2014;



(Third) Changing Aspens and the Ruby Range, just off the Kebler Pass Road, CO, September 27, 2014; (Bottom) Aspen trees in the Flattops Wilderness, CO, October 5, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment