Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Delicious Autumn!


"Delicious autumn! . . .




"My very soul is wedded to it, . . .




"and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

George Eliot


Photos: (Top) Fall colors on the Dyke Trail, near Crested Butte, CO, September 27, 2014; (Second) Abstract autumn art, near Ashcroft, CO, September 28, 2014; (Third) Fresh snow and Aspen trees, Rawah Range, CO, October 2, 2014; (Bottom); Changing Aspens, Flattops Wilderness, CO, October 5, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment