Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Love truly makes us alive.


"All that a person has to say or do that can possibly concern mankind is in some shape or other to tell the story of his love - to sing; and, if he is fortunate and keeps alive, he will be forever in love. This alone is to be alive to the extremities."

Henry David Thoreau




Photos: (Top) Flattop Mountain and Yamcolo Lake, Flattops Wilderness, CO; (Middle) Rabbit Ears Peak, near Rabbit Ears Pass, CO; (Bottom) Aspen trees, Flattops WIlderness, CO.  All three photos were taken on October 5, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment