Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Everyone must make time to sit and watch the leaves turn.


"Everyone must take time to sit . . . 


 "and watch the leaves turn."

Elizabeth Lawrence
18th century English diarist



Photos: (Top) Aspens and Deer Mountain, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 10, 2014; (Second)  Bull Elk fighting, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, October 10, 2014; (Third) Wild Rose leaves, Aspen, and rocky outcrop, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 21, 2014; (Bottom) Cabin in the ghost town of Ashcroft (near Aspen), CO, September 28, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment