Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, October 27, 2014

The purpose of meaningful work is to highlight the awe and wonder of the cosmos.


On Friday night, a group of us from six different spiritual traditions sat on a panel whose topic was "Work and the Spiritual Journey." In preparing for the panel, I realized that for me, one of the major goals of meaningful work - from a spiritual perspective - is to increase the sense of awe and wonder in the world.



After all, our purpose on this Earth is to mirror back to our Source the amazing beauty and goodness of the cosmos. As a Sufi might say, we are the pupil through which the Beloved gazes on the world's splendor. For me, photography is a major way that I can contribute to this experience of awe and wonder!




Photos: (Top) Willows, Snowy Range, WY, October 14, 2014; (Middle) Lichen-covered rocks, Engelmann Spruce, and Sugarloaf Mountain, Snowy Range, WY, October 14, 2014; (Bottom) Aspens and snow-frosted hills, Poudre Canyon, near Fort Collins, CO, October 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment