Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

To reveal the splendor of your essence, you need to burn in the fire of love!


"The time has come to turn your heart
into a temple of fire.
Your essence is gold hidden in dust.
To reveal its splendor
you need to burn in the fire of love."

Jelaluddin Rumi



Hiking last week through the Fern Lake Burn - which occurred just two years ago - I found myself spellbound by the contrast provided by blackened trunks and colorful autumn aspen growth.  Fires always stimulate the underground roots - or "suckers," - of aspen trees to send out fresh shoots into the newly-sun-filled landscape that is so favorable to their growth   Without fires or other natural disturbances, aspen would never be able to survive!


Photos: Aspens and the Fern Lake Burn; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 10th and 11th, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment