Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sensitivity Has Both a Positive and a Negative Side


Today it suddenly occurred to me that when someone says: "You're TOO sensitive," what they are actually communicating is: "I don't want you to take my opinion of you too seriously.  I want you to be more detached from my thoughts and feelings about you or about what you are doing."  Taken in this way, their statement is actually quite liberating.


However, as with all personality traits, our flaw is ALSO our gift.  That means that sensitivity has its positive aspects as well.  I hope I never lose my sensitivity to beauty, especially to the beauty of Nature.  For that sensitivity is what enables me to remain passionate, and to share that passion with the world!





Photos: Aspen trees in the Rawah Wilderness, CO; September 23, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment