Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

I love Nature partly because she is not man.



"I love nature partly because she is not man, but a retreat from him.  None of his institutions control or pervade her . . . In her midst I can be glad with an entire gladness.  If this world was all man, I could not stretch myself - I should lose all hope. He is constraint; she is freedom to me.  He makes me wish for another world; she makes me content with this."

Henry David Thoreau





Photos: Aspen trees, Ruby Peak, and Mountain-ash berries; Near Kebler Pass, CO; September 26 - 27, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment