Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

A foggy day of utter solitude.


The hike to Owyhigh Lakes at Mt. Rainier was especially beautiful.  It was a foggy day, and there was absolutely NO ONE else on the trail, which added a special sense of solitude.  It is during these times of solitude that I experience a greater sense of the echo-like nature of human individuality and the realness of my relationship to the larger, more cosmic Divine.

Photo: Red Columbines, Owyhigh Lakes, and Governor's Ridge; Mount Rainier National Park, WA; July 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment