Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Truly, water is divine!

"Life in us is like the water in a river."

Henry David Thoreau

Yesterday, on my 15-mile roundtrip hike in the Rawah Wilderness, I found water everywhere!  The streams were busting full and roaring, the trail was filled with rivulets and pools, and there were three separate thunderstorms - with blue sky appearing in between - on a single afternoon.  Best of all, the alpine lakes were chock-full with the life-blood of us all.  Perhaps if we could tune in better to the substance running through our veins, we'd be more fluid in our mindset, more brimming with joy, and more patient in our attempts to create fresh channels in our lives.  Truly, water is divine!

Photo: Marsh-marigold flowers blooming on Carey Lake; Rawah Wilderness, CO; August 25, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment