Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mount Rainier's wildflowers were John Muir's favorite!


Who does this dude think he is, anyway?  Does he really believe he's some kind of reincarnation of John Muir?  In any case, he sure does feel like he's in Beargrass Heaven!



Photos: (L) Stephen at Paradise; (R) Beargrass and Mt. Rainier on the Naches Peak Loop.  Both photos are taken in Mt. Rainier National Park, WA on July 25 and 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment