Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hermit Crabs Never Fail to Make Me Laugh!

Hermit crabs never fail to make me laugh! As soon as I leaned over this tidepool, every seemingly empty seashell in the pool started moving! It was fascinating to see how many different sized shells were serving as homes for the crabs - from tiny to huge. I especially loved the iridescent blue flashing from the legs of the crabs. We share this earth with such an amazing variety of creatures, don't we!

Photo: Hermit crabs in a tidepool; Patrick's Point State Park, CA; July 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment