Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, August 15, 2014

A Spirituality of Waves Smashing on Rocks


There is something about waves smashing against rocks on the seacoast that is incredibly energizing.  They encourage us to get in touch with our spiritual wildness, take legitimate risk, and become the passionate people we are meant to be, without fear of what others think. What wave ever impressed us by holding itself back?

Photo: Palmer Point Beach, Patrick's Point State Park, CA; July 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment