Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

All things address us as "Thou."


Running water sounds to me like it is addressing me in a long, drawn-out "Thou" (Thaaaaaa-www"), reminding me that ALL things grasp and hold our attention with their own subjective presence.  Only when we perceive the subjectivity present within all things - including even rocks, mountains, skies, lakes and streams - will we begin to care for them as our brothers and sisters, and as embodiments of the Divine.

Photo: Parry Primrose and the stream flowing from Cirque Lake; Comanche Peak Wilderness; August 15, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment