Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Life Busting at the Seams with Exuberance!


This past weekend, I backpacked up to a meadow that was packed with the highest concentration of alpine flowers I've ever seen in Colorado!  Always the philosopher, I don't view these blooms as just flowers.  Rather, they are Life Itself busting at the seams with energy and exuberance.  They speak to the fact that the essence of life cannot be calmly and cooly examined by a mind operating through analysis and detachment.  Rather, the Divine Life is an EXPLOSION of sacredness, one that overtakes the mind of the observer, causing it to turn back on itself and experience awe in the act of being grasped by beauty.

Photo: Rosy Paintbrush and Meadow Mountain; Silver Creek Basin; Maroon Bells - Snowmass Wilderness, CO; August 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment